Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
Grüezi, Howdy, and G’day! We’re amazee.io, a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers’ lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our remote team. As a DevOps Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be supporting our mission by engineering, managing and maintaining our hosting platform and infrastructure, allowing secure and scalable hosting. You’ll also be central to the future development of our services, looking for continuous improvement to the platform and supporting the roll out of new features and releases to keep us at the cutting edge of what we do.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, then come and join a team of open source enthusiasts, committed to providing flexible hosting solutions in an open, transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Onboarding and training clients on our platform, as well as providing them with post onboarding virtual support
- Guiding trouble free deployments of client projects
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out of features/updates
- Deep diving into engineering and architecture topics, supporting the improvement and growth of our products and services
- Ensuring the stability of our hosting environment
- Implementing, practicing and advocating DevOps practices and methods
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
The Tech you’ll be using on the daily:
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Terraform, PHP, MySQL, nodejs
What you’ll bring:
- Production experience working with Kubernetes
- Comfort working within Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on experience designing and engineering microservices
- Experience system engineering in/with Linux, Nginx, Varnish, MariaDB/MySQL and PHP, Docker
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
- Location is not important, although we have a preference for an Americas time zone for your working hours
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location, but that’s not all, here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work more than you should
- Remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A connectivity benefit of $100 or equivalent a month, to help with internet/data costs
- Your own tech budget with the freedom to choose your setup
- Sweet, sweet Swag – Hoodies and other goodies
- amazee.io Quest! – After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.